sounds boring, I know, but we need to figure something out to be more healthy and stay on budget.
the bf and I usually do one grocery shop a month and then pick up food as needed. well, we are changing that this week. I planned our meals based on what I already had in the fridge.
- meal plan from Sunday to Sunday
- groceries I need to buy for recipes and lunches
- how much is spent at the store for budget planning
- Sunday night (tonight). chicken Mexican rice bowl
- Monday steak, steamed broccoli and roasted potatoes
- Tuesday teriyaki pineapple pork loin with cilantro rice
- Wednesday lettuce hamburgers, fries, green beans
- Thursday tiki marsala chicken, salad, and couscous
- Friday Italian pork chops, green beans, and scalloped potatoes
- Saturday chili
- pop for bf
- shredded cheese and sliced cheese
- lemons and limes
- loaf of bread
- sugar free jello
- hot pockets
- grapefruit juice
- spicy chicken patties
- burritos or taquitos
- minced garlic
- pineapple slices
- large tomatoe
- green peppers
- tomatoe paste
- canned tomatoes chili ready
- green beans
- tomatoe sauce
- chili beans
HOW MUCH SPENT GROCERY SHOPPING
- I spent 117.83 total
- I saved $20 in savings at Kroger
- earned double gas points because I shopped at Kroger.
WHAT I LEARNED
- helps to look at the ads and coupon
- stick with a budget and recipes in mind.
- make a list that way you know what you are after. found this awesome print out… after I went shopping. Will do that next time.
- I only bought a couple extra things: pork steak and steak on sale for half price, salad topping, rice meals for bf
- I feel like for one week, $100 is still pretty expensive. hopefully next week I can get it down further