I have decided to do a series called adventures of a curvy girl. this series is about my adventures I have come across while trying to lose weight.
first series post today: rules of going to the gym.
side note… these really aren’t rules. more like what I have observed and have made rules for myself
- wear deodorant. you don’t want to smell your stink, neither does anyone else
- wear underwear. I feel like I shouldn’t have to say this…but women leggings plus no underwear? yuck. men…i don’t need to see things swinging that much.
- don’t sing when you are wearing your headphones. you can’t hear yourself but everyone else does
- don’t eat a large meal or something gassy before exercising. no one wants to hear you fart or smell it. plus, it is hard doing a squat when you have to fart.
- no stareing at other people working out. it’s rude.
- no judgement to others that are coming to the gym. we are all there for a reason.
- no hogging exercise equipment. taking a break is one thing. sitting on it updating your Facebook Is another.
- WASH YOUR MACHINE. DO YOU HEAR ME?!? WASH IT!
- be respectful. wash your damn machine!
- women are there to work out. go to a bar if you want their number.
- don’t forget your workout bag. washing your hair with body wash is no fun
- bring an extra towel, socks, and underwear
- work out. don’t play on your phone.
- pay attention when you are using the track. go the right way around the track.
- don’t hog the mirrors.
- use only one piece of equipment. if it’s not busy, that is one thing. but full gym and you are using three pieces of equipment?
- ask for help on an equipment you don’t know or if you need a spotter
- make sure you warm up and stretch after wards
- don’t take up all the room in an area. for example, move away from the dumbbells.
- hydrate !
I think that covers must of what I have experienced going to the gym.
is there any rules that you can think of to add to this?