As I previously have stated before, I love lemon. for Easter, I experimented making a lemon bread. it turned out so good that I’m making more on Wednesday for a party at work.
if you do not like lemon or not that much, this bread is for you. I did add a little more lemon to mine but I love lemon. did I mention I love lemon?!?
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup lemon juice… or more 😉 you can use fresh or from a bottle
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar (glaze)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream or half/half (glaze)
- put the oven at 350 and grab your apron and cooking supplies!
- you can either make one large bread or minis or cupcakes. whatever you want, just make sure you spray the bottom of your pan
- mix together the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, and lemon juice until well mixed. I used a mixer, you can do by hand if you prefer just make sure the butter is soft.
- add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. make sure everything is mixed perfectly. can you smell that lemon?!?!?
- mix in the vegetable oil until everything is combined
- put into the pan of your choice and cook for about 30 minutes
- I’m not going to lecture you about how to check if a loaf is done. we all know if the knife, toothpick, fork comes out clean it is done.
- cool on a wire rack or in the pan if you have a while to wait.
- make the glaze with the powdered sugar, half/half or whipping cream and a little more lemon juice. I used whipping cream because that is what I had. I have also used half/half before and it tastes just as good.
- now you can either take a fork and poke into the cake and then put glaze on or you can drizzle the glaze on. I just poking because it soaked into it and was so yummy!
if you want, you can also zest a lemon and put some of it on top of it. this would be awesome paired with some strawberries and whipped cream. hmmm mmm mmm.